This was a crazy weekend of college football, especially in the Big 12.
Of course we are going to start with the Horned Frogs, who looked like a completely different team this week against Baylor. Boykin came out much stronger this week, no doubt having a full week to get prepared to play quarterback versus the two days notice last week helped a lot. He passed for 261 yards and 4 touchdowns, along with 56 rushing and 1 TD. TCU had no turnovers, where Baylor had six. Boykin seems to have stepped up to be a leader for the team when they desperately need one. I had my doubts for the rest of the season for our very young team but after last night, I think our future looks bright for sure, and I feel much more hopeful that we can get a few more wins this season. I think our team overall looked better than we have all season against a tough opponent. Not the toughest we will face for sure, but a good team nonetheless. TCU was left out of the AP poll still this week but ended up #23 in the BCS. Look for my thoughts on the first BCS poll released today coming soon. I know, you are on the edge of your seats right?
Highlights from this wild football weekend:
- OU stomped over UT in the Red River shootout 63-21. I thought this was going to be a good game. Boy was I wrong! OU looked like the strong team they were predicted to be preseason. How many rebuilding years is UT going to have? I just can't figure out how a school that can have practically any top recruit in Texas hasn't been more successful for the past few years.
- Iowa State held its own against #6 Kansas State. I was hoping they'd pull out a win to help us a little bit but Kansas State held on for a 27-21.
- In the biggest upset of the weekend, Texas Tech beat formerly #5 West Virginia handily 49-14, pushing the Red Raiders into the top 25.
- #9 LSU scraped by #3 South Carolina with a solid 4th quarter.
- Louisiana Tech came back from a 21-point deficit to battle Texas A&M up until the last few seconds. A&M pulled out a 59-57 win after La. Tech missed their 2 point conversion.
- The most controversial call for the weekend cost Stanford the game against Notre Dame...an overtime touchdown attempt by Stanford with the ball crossing the goal line but officials ruled it was after the whistle. Notre Dame wins it 20-13
What were your favorite moments from the weekend?