Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Week 13: A Thanksgiving Indeed.

Ever since it was announced that we would be in the Big 12 this year, I've been looking forward to this game. I've said all season that if we couldn't have the ideal undefeated season, I at least wanted to win this game. TCU has a long history with UT from the Southwest Conference days...and we were often on the losing side of that history. The last few years though have seen a new TCU team emerge, and I felt confident we could compete with the big dogs like UT. Well, despite our large amount of freshmen, injuries, and drug busts we still managed to bring home the W! TCU's offense and defense showed up to play, leading UT the entire game. I couldn't be more proud of our team.

I was hoping we would be the new tradition with a UT/TCU Thanksgiving game but it looks like, as usual, UT gets to do whatever it wants and the Big 12 is going to let them. They want the Thanksgiving game to be played at home every year so they will just play whatever team comes to them rather than a steady opponent every year. Oh well I guess. They can keep playing that game as long as we keep beating them. I'll take a win any weekend of the year, not just on Thanksgiving.

I'll be back soon with a recap of my thoughts on the latest BCS standings. Let's just say I still think the SEC is overrated (Big 12 is underrated) and Alabama should not be #2.   In the meantime, checkout this article that argues the same point.

TCU takes on the Sooners on Saturday in Fort Worth. I'm hoping we can break our home game losing streak and finish the season 8-4.

2 comments:

  1. HOW CAN THIS BE?! Your blog has not been updating in my RSS reader and I've been missing it all season! SO SAD. I'm going back to catch up now....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! That is such sad news! I've missed having one of my most faithful readers =) Welcome back.

      Delete