Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Going Bowling

Well another regular season has come to an end. My frogs couldn't quite pull out a win against OU but played a decent game. I'm proud of our young team for rallying back from a lot of setbacks this year and ending with a 7-5 season.  This team will certainly be someone to reckon with over the next few years.

The Frogs are headed to the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl in Tempe, Arizona against Michigan State. TCU is slightly favored in the game and I hope we can finish our season with a win.

9 out of 10 Big 12 teams made it to a bowl game (poor Kansas).  9 out of 14 SEC teams are going bowling.  Just one more reason I think the Big 12 is a deeper conference than the SEC.  

Other bowl games I'm looking forward to...

Holiday Bowl: Baylor vs. UCLA - Super offensive game...should be fun.

Armed Forces Bowl: Rice vs. Air Force -  Although I'm not so interested in the teams, the bowl is in my little hometown.

Alamo Bowl: UT vs. Oregon State - I always like to see how the Longhorns do, but I think the Beavers will win this one. How does UT get the top recruiting class in Texas every year and not have a better quarterback?

Liberty Bowl: Iowa State vs. Tulsa - Seems crazy that a 6-6 team goes to a bowl game but I'm rooting for Iowa State as they are often the underdog in the Big 12.

Taxslayer.com Gator Bowl: Miss. State vs. Northwestern - I really don't have much interest in either team...I just think this name is hilarious.

Heart of Dallas Bowl (aka Faux Cotton Bowl): Again, more interested in the actual bowl than the teams. However, I think OSU will win this over Purdue. Go Big 12!

Cotton Bowl: OU vs. Texas A&M - As much as it pains me to see the Aggies do well, Johnny Football is the real deal. I think they'll take this one.

Rose Bowl: Wisconsin vs. Stanford - Ahhhh! Sweet memories of the Rose Bowl. This bowl will always have a special place in my heart. Plus, the Rose Parade?! What more could you want?? I think Stanford has this one.

Orange Bowl: Northern Illinois vs. Florida State - Love to see a BCS buster in there...but I think the Seminoles were underrated most of this year and will get the win.  I'll be rooting for the underdog though.

Sugar Bowl: Florida vs. Louisville - I think Florida has this one.

Fiesta Bowl: Oregon vs. Kansas State - I'm more excited about this game than the national championship. I'm rooting for Kansas State but I think it is going to be tough for them to beat Oregon.

Obviously the National Championship game...although I'm not super interested in either team. I'll be rooting for the Fighting Irish...I'm bored with Alabama (and slightly annoyed that they are in the National Championship game still).

No comments:

Post a Comment